Our Wild Game Kitchen and Seminar Space welcomes our NEW SPONSOR for 2024 – Larch Wood Canada!
See more at www. www.larchwoodcanada.com
For our special 40th anniversary Atlantic Outdoor Sports and RV Show, Chef Mike Schroeder is back again for 2024! Join Our Wild Game Kitchen Chef Mike Schroeder of FFF Food Experience and former Master Chef Canada contestant in partnership with local groups and products to prepare a tour of Wild Game cuisine featuring each of the provinces in Atlantic Canada. YES – we have samples for the crowd too!
All sessions located in the Larch Wood Canada Wild Game Kitchen!
Friday March 8th – FORESTRY FRIDAY – #40thFRIDAYPARTY
1pm: Spruce Tip Poached Salmon with Chanterelles Cream Sauce with the Atlantic Salmon Federation www.asf.ca
5pm: Spruce Tip Poached Salmon with Chanterelles Cream Sauce with the Atlantic Salmon Federation www.asf.ca
Saturday March 9th
3pm: Touton with Bakeapple Sauce and Touton Savour with Venison Gravy (Nfld) with Larch Wood Canada www.larchwoodcanada.com
6:30pm: Doe-Nairs (NS) with Royal Nova Company www.royalnova.ca
Sunday March 10th
12:00noon: Mussels with Cider and a Hot Honey (PEI) with Halifax Honey www.halifaxhoneycompany.com
2:00pm: Champvallon de Chevreuil – Venison Pot Pie (NB) with Vintage Stove & Fireplace Ltd and Matt McMasters www.vintagestove.ca
Recipe – Hot Honey Mussels by Chef Mike Schroeder
10 large olives
1/2 hot pepper
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp Halifax Hot Honey
flour for batter
cooking oil ( high smoke point )
PEI Mussels are yummy, and healthy on their own. However, you can cook them in different ways and pair well with a local Wine or Cider.
- First, you need to prepare a marinade that will distinguish the dish from the rest.
- Take the hot pepper pulp, squeeze the garlic through a press, squeeze the juice of fresh lemon and add Halifax Hot Honey and salt. Mussels should be infused in this marinade for about an hour.
- Then take the mussels, dip them in flour, and skewer them to create beautiful serving mussels that are very convenient to eat.
- Pour oil or deep-frying oil into a skillet, heat it, and gently dip the mussels into it.
- Fry well on both sides until golden brown.
- Squeeze more Hot Honey to taste .. garnish with fresh herbs of your choice.
Recipe supplied by Chef Mike Schroeder. See Chef Mike prepare this signature dish with samples on Sunday March 10th at 12 noon in the Wild Game Kitchen